Your privacy is important to us. This page specifies what data we collect, how we use it, how you can opt out of particular tracking technologies we have in place, and how you can request deletion from us.
What information is being collected, how and why?
The information we collect is as follows:
- Cookies. We have a Google Analytics cookies set for each visitor to land on our website. We use these cookies to track “remember” what people do on our website for example, a previous page they visited, or whether they came from a Google search or Facebook. It is the case that, as our data processor, Google Analytics complies with the requirements set out by the General Data Protection Regulation which ensures the security of your information. We’ve listed these cookies below, along with their expiration times and uses.
- _ga – 2 years – This is used to distinguish users.
- _gid – 24 hours – This is also used differentiate between users.
- _dc_gtm_<property-id> – 1 minute – As our Google Analytics is implemented on our website using Google Tag Manager, this cookie is used to throttle request rate.
- AMP_TOKEN – 30 seconds to 1 year – This can be used to retrieve a Client ID from AMP Client ID service. Other uses include the ability to indicate opt-out, inflight request, or an error retrieving a Client ID from AMP Client ID service.
- _gac_<property-id> – 90 days – Although we are not currently running any Google AdWords campaigns, we may do in the future. We also have our Google AdWords account linked to our Google Analytics account. This means that this cookie will store campaign information, and conversion tags will read this cookie unless you opt-out.
- Please note: We do not use remarketing, demographic, or users metric technologies within Google Analytics.
- Form Data. We have several contact forms on our website that require you to input your first and last name, your email address, a subject line and a body message. When you fill in and send these forms to us, this information will be emailed to the appropriate staff member, along with your message. We require this information so we can serve you better – it’s a lot easier to provide great customer service when we know your name! We will not pass this information on to any third party without your expressed consent, and all of our emails are securely stored and handled using regularly updated email technologies.
What if I want you to remove any data related to me in your Google Analytics?
Of course, we’d be happy to do that! Please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we can see that done for you. However, it is worth noting that Google Analytics doesn’t store and track data associated with an individual, so it’s never possible for us to single out individuals using personally identifiable information (PII) using our data set. In fact, it’s against Google’s guidelines to process or store PII in their systems!
What if I don’t want Google Analytics to track me on your website? Please get in touch with us at email@example.com.